Colin Gautrey is an author, trainer and executive coach who has specialised in the field of power and influence for over ten years. He combines solid research with deep personal experience in corporate life to offer his audiences critical yet simple insights into how to achieve results with greater influence.
Based in the UK, Colin has a wealth of experience in various disciplines including Mergers and Acquisitions, International Strategy, Information Technology, Sales and Leadership Development. He also has considerable experience working with a wide range of industries and professions.
Colin adopts a highly ethical approach to influence and encourages those he works with to find practical ways to build trust, foster collaboration, and gain mutually beneficial results.
You will find Colin approachable, knowledgeable and totally enthusiastic about his subject. He has been working in this field since 2003 and although being recognised as a leading expert in his area, applies the “always more to learn” philosophy to his endeavours. During his career he has established links with other top experts in this, and other related fields, so that he can bring to his clients the latest and best thinking in practical ways.
Books and Publications
- Influential Leadership: A Leader’s Guide to Getting Things Done, Kogan Page, 2014.
- Building Reputations in Tough Organisations, Gautrey Group, 2014.
- The Influence Blog, Gautrey Group, 2008-14.
- Book: Advocates and Enemies: Building Practical Strategies to Influence Your Stakeholders, Gautrey Group, 2011.
- Political Dilemmas at Work with Dr. Gary Ranker and Mike Phipps., John Wiley, 2008.
- 21 Dirty Tricks at Work, Capstone Wiley, 2005.
- Frequent presenter at leading universities and business schools including: London, Warwick, CASS, Wharton, Australian Graduate School of Management and the Marshall Goldsmith School of Management.
- Colin has also presented his work to groups such as The Conference Board, the Institute of Directors and the Chartered Management Institute.
- He has significant international experience in many of the largest and most complex organizations in the world.
- His materials and questionnaires have been used in over 20% of FT-SE 100 companies and 30% of Fortune 100 corporations.
- Research interests include Variations in Intercultural Influence Techniques and Organisational Political Analysis.
- Colin has an MBA from Warwick Business School and will shortly be commencing his PhD.
Social Media / Contact