Every day I am helping top-level professionals in large organisations to become more influential, to get things done, overcome challenges and become successful.
To help my clients, I take inspiration from every call, session or exchange, and turn this into a useful resource that others can benefit from too, while naturally protecting privacy, confidentiality and trust. These ideas and resources are being shared frequently in my Client Groups on LinkedIn and Facebook.
If you think you qualify to join, please apply on the platform that works best for you.
- Preparing for the arrival of a new boss.
- Team A is setting up team B to fail.
- Typos, Organisational Politics and Misconceptions
- The Puzzle of Organisational Politics
- Influence: On being liked and trusted
- How to Handle Someone Who Plays It Dirty
To keep this clean, all applications to join will be reviewed. To join, you need to meet at least one of the following:
- Be a client.
- Working in a large organisation at middle/senior level.
- Have engaged with me previously.
If not evident from your profile, message me ahead of application.
Apply to Join a Breakthrough Influence Client Group
These groups are private, and will be focused on clients, however, while we are building this resource, I am happy to open access to other professionals who have an interest in the topic of influence and success in large organisations.
Now, I am very aware of the problems and challenges associated with groups, but this is so important that I’m willing to invest time and energy in getting it moving, and will need help and support from a lot of like minded people. People who are willing to pitch in, get involved and learn at the same time.
So, to mitigate some of the drawbacks and problems associated with groups, and to maximise the chance that my vision for this will be realised, you are welcome to join these groups by accepting the following points:
- Respect Everyone. There are no rights or wrongs here, only what worked for you, what didn’t work for you, and I encourage you to share on that basis so others can decide for themselves what they may do differently.
- Contribute in Public, Learn in Private. As a career professional, what you write on social media matters. So, I would strongly advise you add constructive ideas and suggestions to the various topics and threads. Only add things you would be comfortable being seen by your boss, future boss, or most valued client. If you have questions, concerns or criticisms of something you see here, send them privately to me. I will then contribute on your behalf, anonymously, and further the discussion.
- Share with Trusted Colleagues/Friends. I need some help here, so please make sure and share what we are doing, but only with those you trust. Many people tell me that they don’t want others to know they are working with me, or learning these topics. I understand that, and it presents a dilemma to our purpose. So, please help me to help you by sharing it with those whose contribution you would love to see here, and who you think would gain a lot from joining us.
- Network but Don’t Promote. As it grows, I’m sure you’ll get to know people and add them to your network, which is fantastic and to be encouraged. However, this is not the place to come and promote yourself, your products or service. These groups need to be protected to serve my clients so there will be a zero tolerance on this one (if in doubt, ask first).
- Liking Helps. As you are using the groups, please make sure to recognise worthy contributions, especially from other group members. This does a number of useful things. Firstly, it sends a thank you. Second, it raises the prominence of good contributions so others are more likely to see it. And finally, it will help overall to make this a more useful experience for all concerned. And don’t be concerned, the fact that you have voted for a particular contribution will only been seen by others in the group, it would become public on your timeline.
- Restricted Access. Some posts will direct clients to material within the Breakthrough Influence resources not available to the public. If you are not a client, please bear with this, because this is how I intend to serve my clients. The resources contain over 500 articles, 300 videos and lots of courses, and this group will serve as an access point too. Naturally, if you want to become a member, let’s talk. However, I will aim to provide lots of free content too.
- Facebook vs. LinkedIn. When deciding how to make this happen, it was impossible to decide which of these two platforms to use. Both have merits and both have drawbacks. I won’t detain you on the detail, but you decide which works best for you. My posting will be pretty much identical on both, and we have a much stronger starting point on LinkedIn. But Facebook, like it or not, has significant potential benefits that match our purpose. So, let’s see what happens.
- Relevant Group Members. All applications will be reviewed to protect the integrity of our purpose. If it is not immediately clear from your profile that this group is relevant to you, please let me know why this is a good place for you to join.
- Posting Articles. If you wish to post as well, that’s okay, provided there are tightly connected to our purpose here. If in doubt, please ask.
- Stimulating Open Minds. The spirit of this is one of enquiry and learning. I hope that you will find these groups a stimulating place to visit regularly, and one where you make a contribution too.
So, if you’re serious about influence, and determined to be exceptional, in large organisations, please apply to join and let’s have some fun…