In complex, often chaotic environments, getting noticed and building a reputations is hard, and vital. This series of article will show you how.
What's it all about?
Reputations are critically important to success, especially in tough organisations where complexity is bewildering and competition intense. This series of articles will help you to:
- Clarify the reputation you want to achieve.
- Learn what will work, and what will not work, in your organisation.
- Gain fair recognition for the real value you bring to the organisation.
- Keep the need to build your reputation prominent in your busy life.
- Improve your visibility in a crowded and busy environment.
- Become more powerful and influential.
- Strengthen your performance and results.
A key element of this series is ACTION. So, along the way, I will give you plenty of guidance on what you've actually got to do to build your reputation.
What will you cover?
A great many things, too much to mention more than the highlights:
Author of Building Reputations in Tough Organisations
Author, Trainer and Executive Coach
"My purpose, and my passion, is to influence people to take positive, high-integrity action to become more influential."
- Defining Your Distinction/Tools of the Trade: Building your own framework to describe, prescribe and measure your reputational performance.
- Understanding Your Reputational Context: Taking a long hard look at the nature of your organisation, the politics and the dynamics that you'll need to handle as you get moving.
- Building Visibility and Promoting Your Reputation: Building your own personal PR campaign to gain greater visibility in a crowded market — in palatable ways.
- A Healthy Dose of Obsession: How to build your ambition and keep yourself on track to create the reputation you want and deserve.
- Making Sense of Political Upheaval: As part of your contextual analysis, this will help you to understand the bigger political/power battles which are taking place and the opportunities (and risks) they present to your reputation.
- Ruffling Feathers and Due Diligence: Learning how to prepare for the inevitable reaction among your peers and colleagues as you begin to establish yourself and push yourself forward.
- Attracting Sponsors and Advocates: Building a plan to acquire the help and support you will need to realise your reputation fully.
How will I benefit?
I'm not going to patronize you by telling you how I think you will benefit, you can do that for yourself.. Instead, imagine what the your world would be like if:
- You knew how to get noticed in the right way, by the right people.
- People come chasing you, wanting your contribution and input to their work.
- You don't have to go looking for new opportunities, they come looking for you.
- Problem, no sweat. You know just how to handle them, where to direct them and how to relax and get on with your job.
- You realise that you've become a role-model and people want you to mentor them.
- At a high level, you are regularly mentioned and referred to, in a positive light.
- You knew, without doubt, that you could count on the support of senior people.
Simply subscribe to the Influence Blog below and you'll be given immediate access to the articles in this series.
Subscribe today and begin building your reputation faster and more confidently.
Who are you anyway?
If you've not come across me before, I'm a specialist in the topic of power and influence. My purpose, and my passion, is to influence people to take positive, high-integrity action to become more influential, and successful.
And, as for who I am, let me give you some headlines:
- I'm an author, trainer and executive coach specialising in the topic of power and influence in the workplace.
- I've been doing this for over ten years now, and my passion and enthusiasm continues to climb.
- Business Schools / MBAs have shown strong interest in my work. I've presented to many including London Business School, Warwick Business School (where I earned my MBA), Wharton, CASS, UMIST, AGSM and more besides. .
- I've written five books on the subject, the latest being Influential Leadership: A Leader's Guide to Getting Things Done and A Project Manager's Guide to Influence.
- My corporate clients include many household names and I've trained and coached thousands of people around the world.
- Finally, as a prolific writer, I am proud to say that my work has been used in over 20% of FTSE 100 companies and 30% of Fortune 100 corporations. .
However, grand though that may be, the most important thing to know about me is that I am here for you. Together with my team, I will do my utmost to help you to become as influential as you want to be.