In this exercise, you will draw together the threads of your thinking in the earlier exercises in How to Develop Your Network and begin to form a coherent approach to minimising your investment (in time, energy and stress) while maximising the return you get from your networking.
Remember, people don’t plan to fail, they fail to plan!
- What purpose would be useful to help you focus your networking efforts? Refer to the examples and/or talk to a colleague.
- Use the space in your notebook to create a diagram of the groups that could be involved in achieving your purpose, and how they subdivide.
- Where are the gaps in your network?
- Where do you need to focus on building your network?
- What action can you take now to start moving forward on this?
Don’t forget to keep reviewing this on a regular basis so that you can adjust what you are doing in the light of your experience.