Once you’ve determined how you want to be perceived, effort will be needed to continue to build and reinforce the personal brand you create. These ideas/questions can be used as a regular brand review to stimulate more actions.
- What did you do in the last meeting/day/week to reinforce your brand words?
- What did you do in the last meeting/day/week which could damage your brand words?
- Score yourself out of 10 for each word in the last meeting/day/week.
- What could you have done to increase your score?
- What changes will you make to increase your score in the next meeting/day/week?
- Don’t tell people what impression you are aiming to create (apart from friends/mentors).
- Create a visual representation of your words to keep them prominent in your mind (perhaps a picture on your desk).
- Be careful what you wish for. Look out for the side effects as you create your brand.
- Look for the signs of success.
- Review your words occasionally or when needed, but stick to them for a reasonable period of time to establish the impression.
- Try to have just one brand. Don’t try to be different things to different people.