Influential Leadership is a book about getting things done. It contains a wealth of practical ideas and advice which will help you to take action.
If you want to learn more about the ideas covered, this is a page full of resources which will help you to implement the ideas and become a more influential leader.
This will be a growing resource. Please feel free to send in your ideas of other resources we could include here (email here).
Note: This resource is under construction ahead of publication on 3rd August 2014.
Chapter 1: Building your purpose and passion
- Your Corporate Manifesto.
- Develop Greater Enthusiasm.
- Political Campaign Planning.
- A Healthy Dose of Obsession.
Chapter 2: Power – what makes people influential?
- Organisational Power in a Nutshell .
- The Components of Power.
- How To Be A Powerful Leader Without Alienating People.
- Building Reputations in Tough Organisations.
Chapter 3: Why power works in the real world
- How to Build Your Reputation.
- Seven Ways to Become More Powerful.
- Are You Wasting Your Time When You Try to Influence? .
- Power, Strategy and Organisational Structure.
Chapter 4: Deeper understanding of people
- Faulty Assumptions: Influencing Mistake No.2 .
- Learning to Appreciate and Value Battle-Hardened Stakeholders.
- How to Discover New Ways to Influence Stubborn Stakeholders .
- Ignoring Your Competition: Influencing Mistake No. 3.
Chapter 5: Understanding your leadership arena
- What Is Group Power? How to Influence Strategically.
- Adjusting Political Temperature in Your Team.
- Benefits of High Political Temperature.
- Navigating Informal Group Dynamics.
Chapter 6: The ethics of influence
- Bullying: Prevention and Cure?.
- Bullying and the Politics of Power and Influence.
- Dirty Tricks and Office Politics.
- Women and Organisational Politics.
Chapter 7: Creating your leadership strategy and plan
- Stakeholder Influence Process Introduction.
- Stakeholder Engagement: the Seven Guiding Principles.
- Developing Tenacity when Facing Opposition.
Chapter 8: Increasing your skills as an influential leader
- Criticality of Political Skill.
- Influencing Skills: The Seven Dimensions of Influence.
- Vital Influencing Skills Most People Desperately Need to Develop.
- The Influencing Skills 360°.
Chapter 9: Developing powerful and influential networks
- Assessing Your Network: Nine Factor Analysis.
- Networking for Exceptionally Busy People .
- Building Visibility and Promoting Your Reputation.
- 21 Ways to Become More Visible.
Chapter 10: Establishing and building greater trust
- Trust and Integrity Made Simple.
- Building Trust beyond the Obvious .
- Building Trust in a New Relationship.
- Extra Thoughts on Building Trust in a New Relationship.
- Trust Building Example.
- Leadership and Trust.
Chapter 11: Understanding influencing styles | Chapter 12: Understanding and adapting your style
- Decoding and Resolving Personality Conflicts.
- How to Influence With Style.
- The Gautrey Influence Profile.
Chapter 13: Tailoring your approach for maximum influence
- How to Be Influenced by Others.
- Five Step Approach to Influence.
- Why You Fail to Influence.
- Developing a Positive Influencing Attitude.
Chapter 14: Influential leadership and persistence of purpose