Online Course for Element One of Breakthrough Influence
This goes beyond building trust into the realm of intimate, mutually beneficial working relationships. Connecting deeply with people and finding the space and confidence to share openly. With this level of quality in your relationships, with the right people, you will create a solid foundation for your influence and your results.
You probably need to develop in this element if you are noticing any of the following in your working day:
- There is a lack of trust, either way, with important stakeholders.
- You have the feeling that people are hiding things from you, or at least, not sharing enough with you.
- People do not respond to you. Emails and calls left unanswered, meetings cancelled at short notice, even though you are trying to help.
"My purpose, and my passion, is to help you to take positive, high-integrity action to become more influential."
- Important people are playing favourites, and you’re not one of them.
- You are unsure how to broach sensitive issues with key stakeholders.
- You’re not being kept “in the loop” even though you need to know.
- Tough stakeholders intimidate you, and you wish you didn’t have to engage them.
Alternatively, you are probably doing okay on this element if the balance swings towards the following:
- You are comfortable having an open dialogue with difficult stakeholders, even when there is disagreement.
- Stakeholders volunteer information to you, and warn you in plenty of time that changes are on the way that may affect you.
- People level with you, and share sensitive personal thoughts and feelings, things that you could use against them if you chose to.
- You are comfortable being vulnerable with your confidences, telling key people what you are thinking and feeling.
- Humour, good cheer and a feeling of confederacy feature strongly in your important relationships. They have your back, and you have theirs.
- Stakeholders respond quickly, and give you the time you need to explore the things that you consider to be important.
- Problems are tackled proactively, and mutual respect is maintained throughout.
Developing Your Capability
Our online course, Unlocking Critical Relationships can help you to dramatically improve the quality of your key relationships, so that you experience more from the second list above.
The course contains five core modules, each with extensive video tutorials, additional reading and plenty of exercises. These combine to help you learn what needs to be learned, and them implement the ideas quickly in the relationships you wish to strengthen.
A Day in the Life Of…
To begin, once you have identified the relationships that matter, you need to delve deeply into what life is like for each of them. This means you will collect the evidence, open-up the conversations and dig beneath the surface. Until you understand where they are coming from, why they are saying what they are saying, and doing what they are doing, it is difficult to move a relationship up a gear.
This is also where we explore what a great relationship looks like, and where you will define your own vision for the way you wish to work with these critical people. As someone famously said, “begin with the end in mind”.
Building the Relationship
Here we look deeply at the critical component of relationships: trust. Without trust you are going nowhere fast. Yet, we want to take this much further, and help you to build unbreakable trust with your key stakeholders. This means looking at the processes or trust, seeing examples of how it works in practice, and then turning these fine ideas into action, in your relationships.
Trust doesn’t have to take a lifetime to build, but it does need to have conscious attention to move it in the right direction as quickly as possible, and in so doing, begin to achieve mutual benefits.
Adapting your Style of Influence
A major hindrance to the establishment of a strong bond in a relationship is difference, especially differences in behaviour. This module delves deeply into the key dimensions that separate people, so that you can learn what is happening, and then make clear decision about how to adapt your behaviour for maximum effect, and influence.
This is not about right or wrong, just about learning the framework, and the language, so you can communicate more effectively with these important people. It will give you the choice and the freedom to be who you are, while maximising the quality of your relationships.
In this module, you will also be able to complete the Gautrey Influence Profile, a unique psychometric that produces accurate results, and practical steps to increase your influence.
Building Your Confidence
Surprisingly, the importance of confidence is often overlooked when it comes to relationships. Unless you can be confident as an individual within your relationships, you are unlikely to do what needs to be done. Sometimes, tough things need to be said, potentially things that will upset people.
Building your confidence, empowering yourself to say what needs to be said, and learning how to maintain your confidence is a vital part of your capability in relationships, and your ability to influence.
Resetting the Contract
If things haven’t been going so well between you and a certain stakeholder, someone needs to do something. The culmination of this course provides you with the templates and the options to act. You are now in the driving seat and can take the initiative.
Interestingly, what you will learn here can also be applied to starting a new relationship, and establishing the optimum way of working together from the beginning. Let’s face it, the speed at which stakeholders change makes this an important factor that needs this solution.
These modules combine to provide a rich learning experience that dives deeply into the topic of relationships and will help you to transform the ones that matter most, quickly.
Because of the amount of learning available here, we recommend that you plan to spend an hour a week over a period of three months to complete the course. Naturally, you can flex this to suit your needs, and your time availability.
That said, don’t leave it too long to complete your studies, implement and gain the benefits available once you have become competent at Unlocking Critical Relationships!
Presenter: Colin Gautrey, author, facilitator and executive coach.
"My passion, and my purpose, is to help you to find positive, high-integrity action to become more influential."
Colin has specialised in the practical use of power and influence, especially in large/complex organisations, for over 10 years.
In that time, he has trained and coached at middle to senior levels in a wide range of blue-chip corporates, written five books and presented his ideas to tens of thousands of talented and ambitious professionals.
In this course, you will hear Colin sharing his unique insights, examples, and suggestions, on what you can do to become more influential.