Given the complexities of trust, especially when it comes to relationships, it is important to get a very clear fix on exactly what it is and what it means to you. This exercise will help to equip you to be able to build trust more effectively, and begin to understand the limitations of trust building. A key part of this personal development is becoming more trustable.
Think of someone whom you trust…
- What do they do which tells you that you can rely on them?
- What don’t you trust them with?
Think of someone whom you don’t trust…
- What do they do which tells you that you cannot trust them?
- What can you trust them with?
- What have you done which could have contributed to the lack of trust?
What do you do which inspires others to trust you?
What things do you do which could cause people to distrust you?
What can you do to increase your predictability/reliability?